I personally invite you to join me as we explore sacred places not commonly frequented by tourists, on the holy soils of Italy. Together we will reconnect with the angelic realm as we experience the beautiful Italian culture, landscape and people. I am so very excited that you will be joining me on this wonderful adventure.
With love and blessings, Roland
Roland Comtois’ Journey to Italy 2016
A Personal Spiritual Experience & More: St. Francis, Food, Wine, Art & Culture
Co-Host: Simpatico, Italy’s Finest
Sept. 28th – Oct. 7th 2016
For Trip Information contact:
Bobbi Parlett 610-209-5409; [email protected]
Amanda Pelagatti 610-764-8049
Roland will lead daily inspirational discussions as we start our days, lead prayers and sing in the sacred places and churches, and offer special medium insight as we experience this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Day 1 Sept 28th Wednesday – Group meets at the Hilton Rome Airport; Via Arturo Ferrarin 2 Fiumicino, Rome, 00054, Italy TEL: +39-06-65258 FAX: +39-06-6525 6525. This hotel connects to the Rome Airport, and some of our group will be staying there the night of the 27th and others arriving that day into the Rome Fiumicino airport. We will then depart from the Hilton Rome Airport about 10:30 AM Local Time, and drive toward Umbria.
- Lunch in Casalina at Antico Forziere
- Stop in Deruta: Santuario della Madonna del Bagno 2:30 in the afternoon Dinner at local restaurant.
- We will then drive to Montefalco, about a half hour away and enjoy free time to explore this wonderful medieval city until dinner.
- http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.madonnadelbagno.it/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsantuario%2Bdella%2Bmadonna%2Bdel%2Bbagno%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D586 Roland Prayer about Grace Received and Prayers Answered
Day 2 Sept 29th Thursday – 10:30 AM: We will visit the Chapel of the Choir, Church of St. Francis, Montefalco and see the frescoes depicting the life of St Francis.
- 12:00 Noon Lunch at a local winery with wine tasting of the famous Sangrantino and other wines from the area.
- After lunch we will travel less than a half hour to Spoleto to the Cathedral of Spoleto dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and with its famous frescoes of the 15th century artist Fra Lippo Lippi, and where we will see only one of two existing autographs of St. Francis in a letter he wrote to Brother Leo. Spoleto is also where St. Francis had a dream that began to change his life course.
- 3:00 PM We will then travel about 5 miles to the hermitage St. Francis founded on top of the 2,650 ft high town of Monteluco and where he escaped the world to pray and be surrounded by nature at its uninterrupted best.
- We leave the hermitage to travel to Gubbio, about 1.5 hours drive and check into the Relais Ducale, Via Galeotti, 19, 06024 Gubbio PG, Italy, 011- 39 075 922 0157.
- Dinner at the Hotel dei Consoli and Giampietro Rampini, Master Ceramicist, and our co-host in Gubbio, will join us.
Day 3 Sept. 30th Friday – Gubbio tour with visits to Convento di Saint’ Ubaldo on the top of Mt. Ingino
http://www.comune.gubbio.pg.it/Index.aspx?idmenu=3398 & Small Church of San Francesco where St. Francis met the wolf and calmed him and saved the town. Roland Prayer Lunch in town at a local favorite restaurant.
Rampini Ceramics Workshop in the afternoon after lunch – Paint “Love is Eternal” Plates or any shape or design you want to paint
6:00 PM to 8 PM Free time
8:30 PM Dinner at Rampini’s Friend’s House: Homemade Pizza cooked in authentic Pizza Oven, other homemade foods and wine. (Rampini family to join us).
Day 4 Oct 1st, Saturday – 9:00 Leave to visit La Verna, known as sacred ground where St. Francis received the stigmata and where we will see the beautiful Della Robbia works of art in the Basilica.
We will have lunch and then return to Gubbio.
Free Time: Break for free time late afternoon.
Dinner in Town at Trattoria di San Martino (short walk from hotel).
Day 5 Oct 2nd Sunday Travel toward Assisi, stopping to visit in a town right at the base of Assisi and see the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli (Saint Mary of the Angels), which encloses the 9th century little church, the Porziuncola, the most sacred place for the Franciscans. It was here that the young Francis of Assisi understood his vocation and renounced the world in order to live in poverty among the poor and thus started the Franciscan movement, and here he passed from this life. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_Santa_Maria_degli_Angeli). Roland Prayer.
We will then travel a few minutes to San Damiano, built in the 12th century, it was the first monastery of the Order of St. Clare, and is where she built her community. This is also where St. Francis had his significant encounter with God, when the cross spoke to him to “rebuild the Church”. We will then go to the heart of Assisi and check into the Hotel Dei Priori, Corso Mazzini, 15 06081 ASSISI, Tel 011 39 075 812237 www.hoteldeipriori.it , a few steps from the Piazza Comune. Free Time Break until dinner, guests can explore the area around the hotel in Piazza del Comune and the many side streets that wind throughout Assisi.
Dinner in Assisi Osteria Piazzetta dell’Erba
Day 6 Oct 3rd Monday – In the morning, we will visit the Hermitage just outside Assisi.
- Lunch at Vino in Piazza del Comune, owned by an artist turned chef that I first bought ceramics from in 1992.
- Free time to explore Assisi
- Dinner, followed by pre-Feast Day festivities in the Piazza Comune, for St. Francis Day, singing, dancing, a small market, and music. Free Time.
Day 7 Oct 4th, Tuesday – Feast Day walk to the Basilica; Mass at Santo Stefano, enjoy Assisi shopping afterwards, Lunch at Trattoria Pallotta Vicolo della Volta Pinta. Visit the Basilica, the crypt where St. Francis is buried, the Basilica di Santa Chiara; Santa Maria Maggiore Church. Free Time Enjoy the day’s activities and the magic of Assisi.
Dinner at Locanda dell’Angelo – Loc. Mora 24 – 06081 Assisi (PG) Tel: 075 80 39 780 – Cell: 347 72 68 841 then Free Time.
Day 8 Oct 5th, Wednesday – Shop at the large outdoor market that occurs once a year the day after St. Francis feast day. We will say goodbye to Assisi and drive south, stopping along the way for lunch.
BETAWe arrive to Narni to find magic at the Convento del Sacro Speco and experience the peace and energy of this special sacred place.
Dinner and stay overnight in Narni, Hotel dei Priori or Ostello Centro Speranza Sant’Anna
Day 9 Oct 6th, Thursday – After a leisurely breakfast, we leave Narni to travel on the ancient old road to Rome and stop to see Roland’s Cave (yes it really exists!!!) and Roland’s Seat, a sacred altar. Roland Prayers
Travel on to Rome, stopping for lunch on the way, check into Hotel Victoria Roma, Via Campania, 41 I – 00187 Roma Tel. +39 06 423701 Fax. +39 06 4871890, located just off the Via Veneto and within walking distance of so many wonderful sites in Rome, including The Museum and Crypt of Capuchins (Bones).
Free Time break for a rest until dinner with the group.
Special wind up dinner at Marcello’s and then visit the Trevi Fountain after dinner to throw our coins in, to make sure we return again someday to Rome!
Day 10 Oct 7th, Friday – Leave for Home! Arrivederci Roma!
Alternate extension in Rome: Visit Pope Francis on Sunday at his special weekly blessing and address at Noon in St. Peter’s Square. Explore the Vatican and the wonderful sites after Mass: St. Peter’s Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museum & more.
To purchase please go to – http://www.simpaticostmichaels.com/catalog.php?item=206
Note: Schedule specifics subject to change.